- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. With a sharp knife, remove the core of the cauliflower and break it into florets. Place the florets in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, mix the paprika, cocoa, salt, pepper, and garlic with a fork. Add the coconut oil and microwave for 15-20 seconds until the coconut oil is melted and the spices are fragrant.
- Drizzle the spiced coconut oil over the cauliflower in the bowl, then toss with two wooden spoons until well coated. This should take at least 2 minutes. Name a food for every letter of the alphabet to amuse yourself while you toss. Do a taste test and adjust the seasonings.
- Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, until it’s tender and starting to get nice brown spots.
- 1 head fresh cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil