- tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 (4 fluid ounce) can diced green chilies with juices
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can black beans drained
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can red or white kidney beans drained
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups (or more) cooked turkey meat shredded/cut up
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish (optional): sour cream, cilantro, Tex-Mex cheese blend, etc.
- Add the olive oil and onion to a soup pot over medium-high heat. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until the onion is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients.
- Add all the other ingredients to the pot except for salt & pepper. Increase the heat to high, and once it’s boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper as needed, dish it up, and top with your desired toppings.
- Want some kick? Add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- If you want more liquid, feel free to add more chicken broth (especially when reheating).
- Calories: 261kcal
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Sodium: 600mg
- Potassium: 954mg
- Fiber: 13g
- Sugar: 5g
- Vitamin A: 1332IU