- Prep sweet potato and onion
- Add the oil to a large soup pot and sauté the onion over med-high heat for five minutes
- Add the garlic and turkey to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes or until the turkey turns white on the outside
- Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika and cayenne. Stir.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and sweet potatoes.
- Increase heat and bring the chili to a boil. Once it’s bubbling reduce the heat to medium and cover the pot with the lid slightly ajar.
- Let it cook for 15-25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes have softened (depends on how big you cut the sweet potato pieces). Stir.
- Season with extra salt and pepper if needed and garnish with desired toppings.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 1 med to lg sweet potato peeled & diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 28oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 14oz can red kidney beans drained
- Salt and pepper to taste