• 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (mixed with 6 tablespoons of water)
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
• 1 cup almond butter
• 1/3 cup coconut sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• ¼ cup cassava flour
• ¼ cup cacao powder, unsweetened
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 ounces 100% cacao chocolate bar, unsweetened
- Pinch of Maldon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and line a 9×13 baking panwith parchment paper. Grease with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine the flax seeds with water and set aside. In a mixing bowl, mix almond butter and coconut sugar together, until incorporated, then add the vanilla extract, maple, and flax/water mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold it all together and stir until no lumps remain. The mix should be sticky.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared oiled baking pan, it will be very thick. Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to grease another sheet of parchment paper. Place the oiled parchment paper on top of the batter and press with your hands to spread the batter evenly until completely flattened.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes, or until inserting a toothpick into the center comes out clean.
- Wait 15 minutes until the brownies are cooled, then cut into squares.
- For an optional topping, melt the coconut oil with chocolate and drizzle over the brownies. Then sprinkle with a pinch of Maldon salt and enjoy!